IMPACT – Innovation, methodology and quality of language education and professional education in foreign languages in the tertiary sphere in the Czech Republic.
The main objective of the project IMPACT is to transform the quality of foreign language education in the Czech higher education environment. The uniqueness of the project lies in presenting a wide range of the latest educational approaches and tools having yet to be methodically elaborated in the Czech Republic. To ensure compliance with the needs of the labour market and international competitiveness, the project is engaging in its activities a significant number of interesting practicing experts from here and abroad.
The project is funded by the European Social Fund and the state budget of the Czech Republic within the framework of the Education for Competitiveness Operational Programme (ECOP). Its main implementer is the Language Centre of Masaryk University in Brno. Project research and development partners include the Technical University of Liberec, the Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in Hradec Králové and the Czech and Slovak Association of Language Centre Teachers in Higher Education (CASAJC).
Specifically, the project focuses on:
- methodical support of language training in higher education
- innovation of specific language courses at project research and development workplaces
- development of a collaborative learning method in specialised areas of a foreign language
- assessment standardization for language competencies in specialised areas of a foreign language
- education in foreign language teaching and in foreign languages with emphasis on practical usefulness, and support of internationalization of the higher education environment
Starting in June 2012 and lasting until April 2015, the project team will be offering applicants from the ranks of college and university educators free participation in a rich variety of seminars designed for their further professional development. The project will include methodical workshops, pilot courses, summer school in soft-skills and three technical conferences. Additionally, an entire set will be created of freely accessible handbooks, methodical materials and on-line courses.
The Language Centre of Masaryk University
Komenského náměstí 2
602 00 Brno
contact person for the project IMPACT:
Ing. David Kosina
tel.: +420 549 49 7153